TITLE: BERWYN TOWNSHIP DEPUTY ASSESSOR
DEPARTMENT: TOWNSHIP ASSESSOR’S OFFICE
REPORTS TO: Township Assessor Jacqueline Pereda
JOB STATUS: Salaried. $15.00-$18.00 (depending on experience)
Full Time WORKWEEK BASIS: 37.5 Hours
SKILLS: Bilingual (Spanish)
EDUCATION: Associate (Bachelor’s preferred)
Communicate with the public to provide information, explain procedures and answer a wide variety of questions. Professional with strong Management and Leadership Skills, administrative and supervisory experience, able to communicate with diverse populations and explain complicated assessment details to the public. Able to work effectively and professionally with people in a courteous, understanding manner. Able to pass criminal background check.
- Complete Deputy Assessor duties as assigned.
- Perform data entry of real property information including clerical corrections, homeowner exemptions, senior freeze exemptions, senior exemptions, et al., ownership and address changes, and other changes as required.
- Answer the telephone and route calls to the appropriate office or individual.
- Perform basic data analyses, queries and spreadsheets.
- Have a good understanding of all aspects of the Assessor’s office and the programs that it administers in order to serve as resource person to the public and other county departments.
- Communicate in written and oral form.
- Assist the public with completion of required forms; and other property information at the public’s request. During Appeals, must be willing to work longer and/or weekend hours.
- Attend meetings, seminars and training sessions as designated.
- Review deeds and other legal documents concerning property ownership within the county with accuracy.
- Requires ability to use Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- And other duties as needed.
- Assist other departments and other duties as needed.
- Ability to utilize computer database, word processing, spreadsheet and other programs as required.
- Ability to quickly learn and assimilate new software and hardware technology.
- Ability to read and interpret legal documents, legal descriptions.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations involving decimals and percentages.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work accurately with great attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to project a professional and cooperative manner toward the general public and co-workers.
- Ability to multi-task and handle interruptions while working with complex and/or time-sensitive projects.
Competitive benefits package includes medical, dental and life insurance, vacation and sick time, and retirement plan available after initial probationary period.
Please send resume and cover letter to Operations Manager at [email protected]
Be the first to comment
Sign in with