Please stop by today to get a free flu shot until 11 a.m. at NORTH BERWYN PARK DISTRICT/VFW.
My office will be closed on Wednesday, November 11th in honor of Veterans Day.
Please join us tonight at 6:30 pm with the Board of Review for a zoom meeting. They will be having a Q and A during the session.
Below you will see the link to register:
Buy lunch and appeal your property taxes!!
With the hardships many are facing, I feel it's very important to reach out as much as possible and make it accessible for as many people to appeal this assessment year and to support our businesses that are hurting. Please stop by and appeal and support a local business. Please share.
Also, if you want me to do a pop-up appeal in front of your business, please email me at [email protected]
My father and other veterans fought for our right to vote, exercise your Vote.
Go vote this Tuesday, November 3, 2020.
Here is a list of nearby locations to early vote:
- Brookfield Village Hall, 8820 Brookfield Ave, Brookfield, IL 60513
- Cicero Community Center, 2250 S. 49th St, Cicero, IL 60804
- Cicero PSO Building, 5410 W. 34th St, Cicero, IL 60804
- Lyons Village Hall, 4200 S. Lawndale Ave, Lyons, IL 60534
- Oak Park Village Hall, 123 Madison St, Oak Park, IL 60302
The hours for all early voting locations are as follows:
Friday: Oct 30 8:30am-7:00pm
Saturday: Oct 31 9:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday: Nov 1 9:00am - 5:00pm
Monday: Nov 2 8:30am - 7:00pm
The Berwyn Township Assessor's office will open for reassessment property appeal with the Board of Review. Due to rising COVID-19 cases we will not allow people inside the building. Berwyn Township officially will be open Monday October 26th, 2020; you will have until November 24th, 2020 to file. We will be helping with appeals until November 23th.
If you need comparables, please email us at [email protected] with your property address and phone number. We will send you some comparables to attach to your appeal as soon as possible. Please be patient with us.
We will also be having other events like we have had in the past at local coffee shops, schools and etc. Also Saturday October 31th, will be the last day for our Drive Thru event at the Recreation Center on 6501 31st Street from 9 a.m to 1 p.m.
Below I have attached a "step by step" process to assist you on filing an appeal online through the Board of Review.
HOW TO FILE AN ONLINE APPEAL WITH THE BOARD OF REVIEW
- First you must to create an account with a user name, password and email. Go to cookcountyboardofreview.com. Go to login, click on “new users” and create a new account, or login to an existing account. When the account is created, you will see your username on the top right hand of the screen indicating that you are in your account.
- Click on Submit Appeal
- Pick ‘Property Over Assessment’ from the dropdown
- Enter your PIN number if you do not know your PIN
- Add Associated PINS if there are any (XXX). Pick ‘no’ if your appealing a single PIN
- Click submit
- Edit / Enter the following fields as needed:
- Appellant Name
- Appellant Address
- Appellant City
- Appellant State
- Appellant Zip
- Appellants Phone Number
- Appellants Email Address
- Confirm Appellants Email Address
- Appellant Type
- If you would like a Hearing, check ‘Yes’.
- If you Purchased your home in any of the years indicated in the drop down menu, pick that option, else pick ‘other’.
- If you are filing on the grounds of uniformity, please list your Comparables here in the Notes page. You may also use this area to submit any information that you feel is pertinent for the Analyst reviewing your property to know.
- Click Next
- Confirm the details of your Appeal by checking the box
- Initial the Appeal
- Click Submit
- If you plan on submitting Evidence (Documents to support your Appeal) now or at a later time, click ‘Yes’.
- Click on the “Browse” button, select the file you are uploading, and click open.
- Ensure that you are picking the correct ‘Document Type’ for the evidence you wish to submit. Eg – If you wish to submit an Appraisal, pick Document Type ‘BOR Appraisal’ from the drop down menu
- View the Documents to ensure that you have attached the correct document.
- Click Submit
- Note, if you wish to add Documents at a later date, navigate to ‘My Appeals’ on the left side of screen and locate the Complaint in question
Click on the Add Docs option to add any other Evidence you wish to submit with your appeal.
If you have any questions, you can contact us at our office at 708-788-6600 or email us at [email protected]
Below you will see CDC & City of Berwyn Halloween Covid-19 guidelines. You can download signs to post on your door for trick-or-treaters.
The Berwyn Public Health District and The City of Berwyn brought the Covid-19 testing mobile unit to Berwyn.
Illinois Department of Public Health Sponsors Temporary COVID-19 Testing for Cook County Residents at Berwyn Public Library
Testing will take place beginning this morning, Friday September 25th, September 26th and Sunday September 27th, from 9am to 5pm each day.
Testing is open to anyone. You are not required to be symptomatic or be sick. A simple nasal swap will be used. You will be called within 4-7 days with your results.
This is a cost free test, insurance is not required. If you have insurance, please be sure to bring your insurance card with you.
You have the option to drive-up and be tested in your vehicle, or be tested on site at the Berwyn Public Library south parking at 2701 S. Harlem Avenue.
Essential workers are encouraged to take advantage of this free testing.
If you have recently traveled to a state in the Cook County Travel Guidance "Hot Spot", link: https://cookcountypublichealth.org/communicable-diseases/covid-19/covid-19-travel-guidance/ or have recently come into contact with large groups of people outside your household, or regularly do, you may also want to be tested to mitigate the potential spread to family and community members.
Please share this information to anyone that may benefit from this free testing opportunity.
El Departamento de Salud Pública de Illinois ha patrocinado un sitio temporal para pruebas de COVID-19 para residentes del Condado de Cook en la Biblioteca Pública de Berwyn
Las pruebas se realizarán a partir de esta mañana, viernes septiembre 25, septiembre 26 y domingo, septiembre 27, de 9am a 5pm diario.
Las pruebas están disponibles para todos. No es necesario que tenga síntomas o esté enfermo. Se utilizará un simple hiposol nasal. Se le llamará dentro de 4-7 días con sus resultados.
Esta es una prueba gratuita, no se requiere seguro medico. Si usted tiene seguro medico, por favor asegúrese traer su tarjeta de seguro medico.
Tiene la opción de venir en carro y ser examinado en su vehículo, o ser examinado en sitio en el estacionamiento sur de la Biblioteca Pública de Berwyn en 2701 S. Harlem Avenue.
Se alienta a los trabajadores esenciales aprovechar esta prueba gratuita.
Si ha viajado recientemente a un estado de "Alto Riesgo" de la Guía de Viajes del Condado de Cook, enlace: https://cookcountypublichealth.org/communicable-diseases/covid-19/covid-19-travel-guidance/ o recientemente ha estado en contacto con grandes grupos de personas, o esta en contacto con grupos de personas con regularidad, para mitigar la posible propagación a los miembros de su familia y la comunidad.
Por favor comparta esta información con cualquier persona que beneficie de esta oportunidad.