The Berwyn Township Assessor's office will open for reassessment property appeal with the Board of Review. Due to rising COVID-19 cases we will not allow people inside the building. Berwyn Township officially will be open Monday October 26th, 2020; you will have until November 24th, 2020 to file. We will be helping with appeals until November 23th.
If you need comparables, please email us at email@example.com with your property address and phone number. We will send you some comparables to attach to your appeal as soon as possible. Please be patient with us.
We will also be having other events like we have had in the past at local coffee shops, schools and etc. Also Saturday October 31th, will be the last day for our Drive Thru event at the Recreation Center on 6501 31st Street from 9 a.m to 1 p.m.
Below I have attached a "step by step" process to assist you on filing an appeal online through the Board of Review.
HOW TO FILE AN ONLINE APPEAL WITH THE BOARD OF REVIEW
- First you must to create an account with a user name, password and email. Go to cookcountyboardofreview.com. Go to login, click on “new users” and create a new account, or login to an existing account. When the account is created, you will see your username on the top right hand of the screen indicating that you are in your account.
- Click on Submit Appeal
- Pick ‘Property Over Assessment’ from the dropdown
- Enter your PIN number if you do not know your PIN
- Add Associated PINS if there are any (XXX). Pick ‘no’ if your appealing a single PIN
- Click submit
- Edit / Enter the following fields as needed:
- Appellant Name
- Appellant Address
- Appellant City
- Appellant State
- Appellant Zip
- Appellants Phone Number
- Appellants Email Address
- Confirm Appellants Email Address
- Appellant Type
- If you would like a Hearing, check ‘Yes’.
- If you Purchased your home in any of the years indicated in the drop down menu, pick that option, else pick ‘other’.
- If you are filing on the grounds of uniformity, please list your Comparables here in the Notes page. You may also use this area to submit any information that you feel is pertinent for the Analyst reviewing your property to know.
- Click Next
- Confirm the details of your Appeal by checking the box
- Initial the Appeal
- Click Submit
- If you plan on submitting Evidence (Documents to support your Appeal) now or at a later time, click ‘Yes’.
- Click on the “Browse” button, select the file you are uploading, and click open.
- Ensure that you are picking the correct ‘Document Type’ for the evidence you wish to submit. Eg – If you wish to submit an Appraisal, pick Document Type ‘BOR Appraisal’ from the drop down menu
- View the Documents to ensure that you have attached the correct document.
- Click Submit
- Note, if you wish to add Documents at a later date, navigate to ‘My Appeals’ on the left side of screen and locate the Complaint in question
Click on the Add Docs option to add any other Evidence you wish to submit with your appeal.
If you have any questions, you can contact us at our office at 708-788-6600 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below you will see CDC & City of Berwyn Halloween Covid-19 guidelines. You can download signs to post on your door for trick-or-treaters.
The Berwyn Public Health District and The City of Berwyn brought the Covid-19 testing mobile unit to Berwyn.
Illinois Department of Public Health Sponsors Temporary COVID-19 Testing for Cook County Residents at Berwyn Public Library
Testing will take place beginning this morning, Friday September 25th, September 26th and Sunday September 27th, from 9am to 5pm each day.
Testing is open to anyone. You are not required to be symptomatic or be sick. A simple nasal swap will be used. You will be called within 4-7 days with your results.
This is a cost free test, insurance is not required. If you have insurance, please be sure to bring your insurance card with you.
You have the option to drive-up and be tested in your vehicle, or be tested on site at the Berwyn Public Library south parking at 2701 S. Harlem Avenue.
Essential workers are encouraged to take advantage of this free testing.
If you have recently traveled to a state in the Cook County Travel Guidance "Hot Spot", link: https://cookcountypublichealth.org/communicable-diseases/covid-19/covid-19-travel-guidance/ or have recently come into contact with large groups of people outside your household, or regularly do, you may also want to be tested to mitigate the potential spread to family and community members.
Please share this information to anyone that may benefit from this free testing opportunity.
El Departamento de Salud Pública de Illinois ha patrocinado un sitio temporal para pruebas de COVID-19 para residentes del Condado de Cook en la Biblioteca Pública de Berwyn
Las pruebas se realizarán a partir de esta mañana, viernes septiembre 25, septiembre 26 y domingo, septiembre 27, de 9am a 5pm diario.
Las pruebas están disponibles para todos. No es necesario que tenga síntomas o esté enfermo. Se utilizará un simple hiposol nasal. Se le llamará dentro de 4-7 días con sus resultados.
Esta es una prueba gratuita, no se requiere seguro medico. Si usted tiene seguro medico, por favor asegúrese traer su tarjeta de seguro medico.
Tiene la opción de venir en carro y ser examinado en su vehículo, o ser examinado en sitio en el estacionamiento sur de la Biblioteca Pública de Berwyn en 2701 S. Harlem Avenue.
Se alienta a los trabajadores esenciales aprovechar esta prueba gratuita.
Si ha viajado recientemente a un estado de "Alto Riesgo" de la Guía de Viajes del Condado de Cook, enlace: https://cookcountypublichealth.org/communicable-diseases/covid-19/covid-19-travel-guidance/ o recientemente ha estado en contacto con grandes grupos de personas, o esta en contacto con grupos de personas con regularidad, para mitigar la posible propagación a los miembros de su familia y la comunidad.
Por favor comparta esta información con cualquier persona que beneficie de esta oportunidad.
My office is CLOSED for 2020 reassessment with the Cook County Assessors' Office. We will reopen in the fall with the Board of Review to appeal 2020 assessment. You can add your email to receive alerts from my office on my website.
My office is now assisting with appeals remotely. The Cook County Assessor's Office has remained closed to the public due to COVID-19. My office will remain closed as well, to the public, to ensure everyone’s safety.
This is the time when you want to make any changes to any description error of your property, for example sq.ft, incorrect number of bathrooms, fireplaces, etc.
If you need comparables, please email us at email@example.com with your property address and phone number. We will send you some comparables to attach to your appeal at the earliest, Friday, but as soon as possible. Please be patient with us.
Below I have attached a "step by step" process to assist you on filing an appeal online through the Cook County Assessor's Office. https://propertytaxfilings.cookcountyil.gov/
Last day to file with my office will be June 22nd, 2020. You will still be available to file online with The Cook County Assessor's Office until June 23rd, 2020.
Stay healthy and be safe.
Mi oficina ahora está ayudando con las apelaciones de forma remota. La Oficina del Asesor del Condado de Cook ha permanecido cerrada al público debido a COVID-19.
Mi oficina también permanecerá cerrada, al público, para garantizar la seguridad de todos.
Este es el momento en que desea realizar cambios en cualquier error de descripción de su propiedad, por ejemplo, pies cuadrados, número incorrecto de baños, chimeneas, etc.
Si necesita comparables, envíenos un correo electrónico a firstname.lastname@example.org con la dirección y el número de teléfono de su propiedad. Le enviaremos algunos datos comparables para adjuntar a su apelación lo antes posible, el viernes, pero lo antes posible. Por favor se paciente con nosotros.
A continuación, puede encontrar un "paso a paso" para ayudarlo a presentar una apelación en internet a través de la Oficina del Asesor del Condado de Cook. propertytaxfilings.cookcountyil.gov
Below I have included links provided by the Cook County Assessor’s Office that may help you with your appeals:
Download video & graphics: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kn5k31extq5j33x/AABLrdZ8QVGRrcHTtEHFiTSka?dl=0
Facebook Live (English) Wednesday, May 20,2020 @ 6 p.m:
Facebook Live (Spanish) Thursday, May 21,2020 @6 p.m :
Best way to contact the Cook County Assessor's Office is by e-mail through the form on their website.
Here is the link to read more about the extending the stay-at-home order by Gov. J.B. Pritzker announcement.
Deadlines for 2020 new reassessment for Berwyn will be released soon but are not yet available at this time. All properties will still be receiving reassessment letter in the mail. Your letter will include information about adjustments due to COVID-19.
For more information, please visit Cook County Assessor website:
By wearing a mask, it can help slow down the spread of COVID-19. Here are some steps to help make one:
How to Wear a Cloth Face Covering
Cloth face coverings should—
- fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- be secured with ties or ear loops
- include multiple layers of fabric
- allow for breathing without restriction
- be able to be laundered and machine dried without damage or change to shape
Sew and No Sew Instructions
Sewn Cloth Face Covering
- Two 10”x6” rectangles of cotton fabric
- Two 6” pieces of elastic (or rubber bands, string, cloth strips, or hair ties)
- Needle and thread (or bobby pin)
- Sewing machine
- Cut out two 10-by-6-inch rectangles of cotton fabric. Use tightly woven cotton, such as quilting fabric or cotton sheets. T-shirt fabric will work in a pinch. Stack the two rectangles; you will sew the mask as if it was a single piece of fabric.
- Fold over the long sides ¼ inch and hem. Then fold the double layer of fabric over ½ inch along the short sides and stitch down.
Run a 6-inch length of 1/8-inch wide elastic through the wider hem on each side of the mask. These will be the ear loops. Use a large needle or a bobby pin to thread it through. Tie the ends tight.
Don’t have elastic? Use hair ties or elastic head bands. If you only have string, you can make the ties longer and tie the mask behind your head.
- Gently pull on the elastic so that the knots are tucked inside the hem. Gather the sides of the mask on the elastic and adjust so the mask fits your face. Then securely stitch the elastic in place to keep it from slipping.